Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Who ya got?

I admit that I've been putting off writing my entry in the current M.O.S.S. Round Table, and the reasons for that will likely be more than apparent once I've finally gotten around to it. In the interim, I thought I'd contribute to the Halloween-y vibe over at Teleport City by contributing a review of another one of Lam Ching-Ying's delightful vampire action comedies from the 80s. (My earlier review of Lam's Mr. Vampire can be seen here.) Vampire vs. Vampire is especially fun because it pits Lam's venerable Taoist priest character, who usually finds himself up against hopping vampires of the Chinese variety, against a Euro vamp in the tradition of Hammer's Dracula, albeit one who looks a little like a young Nick Cave. Read the full review here.

No comments: